Pete's Place is located on the Pacific Coast of Costa Rica in the Manuel Antonio Quepos area, Puntarenas, Costa Rica, Central America. This magnificent property is located exactly half way between the picturesque village of Puerto Quepos and the World Famous Manuel Antonio National Park.
Located at the top of the hill in Manuel Antonio, within two blocks we have many fine restaurants and bars, a Medical Center (with a doctor available) and Pharmacy, a large supermarket and liquor store, COSI Language School and Esquela D'Amore Spanish Language School. We are two minutes walk from the bus stop, and taxis are cheap and plentiful.
This area offers some of the best sport fishing in the world, dolphin & whale watching tours, canopy safaris, white water rafting, horseback riding, bird watching, Cave exploring, Butterfly farm, Sunset cruises and many other options (see them all on the area attractions & activities page) to ensure a great holiday.
From San Jose, it's a relatively easy drive(unless it's a holiday in Costa Rica when traffic can back up) drive to Manuel Antonio. The trip takes about 2 hours and 15 minutes by car or taxi. If you need to rent a car, you can search for the best rates here.
GPS co-ordinates for those renting cars with the NavSat program are:
- N 9° 24Min. 39.8Sec.
- W 84° 9 Min. 16.4 Sec.
Driving Directions from San Jose
- Take Route 27 to Caldera ( Toll Highway ) after exiting the last Toll Booth at Orotina, immediately look to your right for the exit to Tarcoles Jaco ( sign may behind vegetation but look for overpass)
- Follow to Jaco Parrita Quepos Manuel Antonio
- As you follow the highway signs to Quepos after leaving Parrita when you come to an intersection with a sign saying Quepos ( Look for B&M Store on your right ) take that exit and follow straight to Quepos, after crossing the bridge coming into Quepos
- Keep going straight ( sea wall is on your right, look for a sign on your right that says Manuel Antonio ( on your left is a big sign saying Quepos.) ( NB: There is a Pharmacy on the opposite corner on your left and you turn by the little Park)
- Turn left there and continue straight ahead .As you pass the soccer field on your left you will see the church ahead on your left
- At the stop keep to your right NB:!!!( Cars coming from your left have the right of way!!!!!!)
- After about three kilometers you will find yourself at the bottom of a hill where you must yield to traffic coming down.
- On your right a sign for Jungle Creek, on your left, Rio Mono Development.
- Continue straight up the hill, passing Tres Banderas on your left, Hotel La Colina on your right, then Paradise Inn on your left, Restaurant Mar Luna on your right ( good close place for dinner!!!!)
- TURN LEFT right after Mar Luna at Hotel Villas Lirio, it's like a U turn along their wall.
- Right in front of you is my main gate ( rounded wood gate )
- Proceed to the second gate ( sign Pete's Place) and park your car in the secure cage ( see parking instructions below)
- Slide the gate closed ( after car is in and you have removed all your stuff slide the gate closed and lock it!!)
- You enter the property through the second gate with sign " Pete's Place"
- Push intercom button ( to my house)
- Don't leave anything in the car ( including GPS & Child Seats )
- Push open the gate and follow the walk straight ahead, down the stairs and straight across to the little house.
- Keys in the door, please remember if you use the air con, turn off the fan in the bedroom.
- Also, when you go out please turn off air con and lights.
Welcome to Pete's, I'm here to help !!
- My Cell number is 8331-9570
- Concierge Lilli Avellan 2777-2363. 5009-6124 Cell
Driving Directions from Monte Verde
- Go South to Barranca, then Caldera, exit at Tarcoles Jaco exit & follow directions above!!
Driving Directions from the South ( Osa Uvita Dominical )
- Take Costanera Sur North ( Quepos )
- After leaving Dominical follow to Quepos passing Matapalo, Portalon, Roncador, look for the Quepos Airport on your right, then the Hospital on your right, at the next left ( Gas Station) turn left.
- Follow to Quepos, as you come down the slope to Quepos ( bus depot on your right) look for Iguana Tours on your left, Hotel Priss on your left, and PALI on your right, turn left at that intersection
- Follow across with soccer field on your right, Church on your left.
- Turn left at the corner ( you have right of way but check that no one is running the stop)
- Follow three kilometers till you find yourself at the bridge where you yield to traffic coming down.
- Follow directions in first paragraph to the house.
- NB: If for some reason you end up on the old road to Manuel Antonio follow it up to the top where it meets the new road and turn right, then when you get to the yield bridge follow directions from the first paragraph.
- This is the wall at Villas Lirio in Manuel Antonio straight ahead of you is my main gate go to the second gate ( Sign Pete's Place )
- Park in cage!!
- If you are driving. Terios or smaller back in a leave space for a car beside you.
- If you have a big car go into the cage on the angle to the grey sheet of tin in the corner, make sure your in far enough so the gate will close
The public bus is very good and very inexpensive, only about $5 and takes about 3 1/2 hours including a rest stop. The schedule for the express buses which come directly to Manuel Antonio (so you can ask them to let you off at the Manuel Antonio School beside Pete's Place rather than in Quepos) is:
Bus schedules sometimes change (but usually it's only extra buses being added during peak season). You should confirm with the bus company the schedule: You can reach them in San Jose at tel: 506-223-5567 or in Quepos at 506-777-0263 (both numbers you should expect Spanish only).
You cannot unfortunately buy tickets over the phone; it must be done in person and during peak season you should buy your tickets several days in advance if possible, they do often sell out. Seats are reserved. It may be possible to get off on the way back from Quepos to San Jose at the international airport; ask your driver. Unfortunately, pickup on the way to Manuel Antonio though is not possible.
There is a service available where your bus tickets will be purchased in advance for you and you will be picked up at San Jose International Airport or at your San Jose area hotel and brought to catch your bus.
We can arrange all your in Country travel needs which offer scheduled door-to-door service from your hotel in San Jose or Arenal (or other locations) directly to Pete's Place.
You can fly on a turbo-prop airline from San Jose as well (and also from other locations in the country but you will connect in San Jose). Sansa flies out of the international airport and Nature Air flies from the Pavas airport (a little closer to downtown San Jose). From the Quepos airport, a shuttle van will bring you to Pete's Place for an additional fee.